Submitting a project
The Luxembourg Commission for cooperation with UNESCO, the Ministry of Culture and the City of Luxembourg invite you to submit projects to be featured in the official program of the anniversary year running from 17 December 2019 to 17 December 2020.
The projects will be submitted to a selection committee, which is made up of representatives of the Luxembourg Commission for cooperation with UNESCO, the City of Luxembourg and the Luxembourg City Tourist Office.
Who can submit projects?
The deadline for submitting projects is 30 September 2020, in order to allow time to publicize them in the media if approved.
The call is open to the following:
- Municipalities, not-for-profit associations, public-interest foundations, groups, collectives, companies and organizations that work to raise awareness of cultural heritage and of UNESCO’s humanitarian values and scientific programs;
- Individuals/natural persons;
- Educational institutes;
- Private or public cultural institutions such as museums, libraries, archives, etc.;
- Legal persons under private law;
- Commercial tourism companies as well as tourist actors in general.
What kind of projects are accepted?
Any project that demonstrates a sustainable investment can be submitted, be it a conference, rally, workshop, guided tour, exhibition, performing arts project, heritage site development product, tourist amenity, gastronomic product, study, publication, digital application, open data project, etc.
First and foremost, though, projects should have a direct link with UNESCO and the inscription of Luxembourg, its old quarters and fortifications as a world heritage site.
They should also correspond to at least one of the five themes of the year:
- UNESCO world heritage & education;
- UNESCO world heritage & artistic expression / diversity of cultural expressions;
- UNESCO world heritage & sustainable development;
- World heritage & new technologies;
- World heritage & intangible heritage
Only projects carried out between 17 December 2019 and 17 December 2020 will be considered. Obtaining the label does not automatically make projects eligible for financial assistance for cultural projects.
Applicants must provide full details on how their project will be realized and managed as well as explain the steps involved and include a detailed budget.